Google Nexus Phones are some of the most brilliant phones with good camera quality. With the phone, you can take quality pictures and make good HD videos. You can save all the personal data on it.
However, the phone after some time of usage it may become slow. There are many android phones which get hot, and their speed reduces after use for a year or so.
Factory Data Reset Nexus 5x
In such a case you need to perform a factory data reset. If you want to ensure that your Google Nexus works with seed, you need to wipe all the data and settings from it.
So, if you are looking for the ways to Factory Reset Nexus 5X, follow the following steps. There are two methods which you can use to reset Nexus 5X phone.
First Method to Reset Nexus 5X
This method makes use of the settings menu from inside the phone. You do not have to restart your phone or turn off to reset it.
It will erase settings, downloads, data, contacts, images, apps and voice mail too. However, this reset does not delete anything from the SIM card.
- The first thing you should do is to back up your data which you have on the phone’s memory.
- From the home screen tap on All Apps icon. From there scroll to settings and tap on the settings icon.
- Scroll to find PERSONAL
- Tap on it and then tap on Backup & Reset.
- Now tap on Factory data reset.
- If you have a phone lock, it will ask you to input the lock or the PIN.
- Tap RESET PHONE.
- It will take some time and restart with nothing on it.
Check Also: Enable Factory Reset Protection Latest Method
Data Reset Nexus 5X – Second Method
This method involves using the hard keys to factory reset the phone. This method is useful when your phone is not working and is too slow to perform any action.
In this mode, you should know that you will use the volume keys to scroll and power button to make the selection.
- Turn off the device
- You need to press the volume down button with the power button at the same time. Keep pressing until the phone turns on. Release the keys when your phone turns on.
- Now press the volume button twice which will highlight the recovery mode.
- Now press the power button to start the recovery mode.
- Once you press, you will see the Android robot with an exclamation mark.
- While you hold the power button, press and release the volume up button. It will display the Android recovery menu.
- Now release the power button
- There are options on the menu. You can scroll to Wipe data/factory reset using the volume keys. Press the power button to make this selection.
- Now scroll to yes and press the power button to select it.
- The reset process will start
- Once it is all reset, press the power button to restart the phone. Select Reboot system now by pressing the power button.
These are two easy and quick ways to factory reset Google Nexus 5X.